My goal for today was to improve my snorkeling skills, go to the beach without getting burnt, and to connect with some crafty people.
While I thought of going to another beach, I decided that the Kahalu'u Beach where I snorkeled before was really my best option. I had the most fish, lifeguards, and was accessible without a hike. That sounded like a good idea to me.
I enjoyed snorkeling much more this time. The float belt reminds me of the one Aunt Eileen wore when teaching me to water ski as a child, but it does work for keeping me on the surface. I was trying this time for the zen of enjoying the fish without the worries of water in the snorkel or mask. I mostly succeeded. I do need an underwater camera, though. You'll have to settle for a picture of the surface.
That was a rare moment when there was no one directly in front of me. That beach is crowded! I also managed not to aggravate my sunburn further by wearing one of my workout shirts that also offers sun protection. Not as fancy as a rash guard shirt, but it did work.
After snorkeling for a little while, I decided to head back to town to hang out with beaders and stitchers. When I was in the bead store previously, I noticed a small group of women sitting and beading, so I was hoping there would be another group there today. There wasn't a group, it was just me and the owner. She was fascinated by my kumihimo, however. So fascinated that she offered to buy the green necklace that I'd just completed, plus the black one I'd just started. Wow! Cool! More money for me to spend on beads!
Fortunately, since Linda bought my first necklace I'd had to decide on a price for them. My S&B group were very encouraging of the prices I'd set, and the owner didn't bat an eyelash! She also marked it for $120 in the store, and put it on display immediately! I need to go back and give her the black one once it is done as well.
Afterwards I went and found another bead shop, but they were closed. Then I found a quilting/ knitting/ needlepoint store. They were super nice, and had open knitting on Saturday. Maybe I'll join them! Crafters are generally always welcoming, even of temporary members, and we can always talk about our crafts.

No comments:
Post a Comment